Weddings & Event Planner (maternity cover)
Godwick Hall is a wedding & event venue comprising Godwick Great Barn which is a large event venue and Godwick Hall which can be used for smaller events. The venue also has on-site self-catering accommodation sleeping up to 28 guests. This role involves working with hirers of Godwick Great Barn and Godwick Hall to plan and manage events; these are primarily weddings but events also include Wedding Fairs, Christmas Fairs, Open Days etc.
Planning and management of weddings and events is looked after by the in-house team comprised of the Operations Manager, Lead Weddings & Events Planner and this post. During 2022 there are in the region of 65 weddings/events and it is envisaged that this role would take on direct planning responsibility for 20 of those.
Evening and weekend working will be a regular feature of this role so flexibility is an essential requirement.
Event Planning and Management
- Planning of weddings at Godwick Barn and Godwick Hall, providing additional guidance and support where required to assist the clients with booking suppliers. This will vary from event to event, from a largely advisory role to a very hands-on role depending on the client and the level of support they require to make the event realistically successful within the operating parameters of the venue.
- Assisting as required to organise events such as Spring Open Day, The Most Unusual Wedding Fair, Christmas Fair and other events. Managing supplier contact and bookings, promotion of the event and suppliers attending, event set-up and management, team de-brief post-event.
- Arranging for the cleaning team to set-up the venues as required for events.
- Being the main point of contact for the client during the set-up day.
- Being the main point of contact for the clients and all suppliers on the day of the event and representative of the venue management.
- Supervising staff and all suppliers for events such as caterers, entertainment, registrars etc.
- Ensuring that health, safety, insurance and licensing regulations are followed, including carrying out pre-event fire checks and completing fire records.
- Following up post-event to obtain client feedback and reviews.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- To attend team meetings and staff training as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
The duties and responsibilities above are not intended to be an exhaustive list and your responsibilities may change and evolve depending on the needs of the business.
Hours and Pay
This is a fixed-term post covering the maternity leave of an existing member of the team. It is envisaged the role will start as soon as the successful applicant is available and the post would continue until the end of December 2022.
Hours would typically be 14 per week. Due to the nature of the role you may work more hours some weeks and in other weeks fewer; however you would be paid the same salary each month throughout the year. The starting salary for this post is £8,736 based on 14 hours per week. Extra hours covering day and/or evening event management shifts will also be available in addition to the core 14 hours for someone wishing to work more hours.
Godwick is in a rural location so you must have a driving licence and access to reliable transport. You will be required to be on site for events and meetings. At other times you will be working remotely off-site and will require reliable internet access. A mobile phone is supplied for business use. The Godwick Team work as a virtual office, communicating using Skype and WhatsApp.
- Previous experience in events planning and event management preferred
- Proven customer/client service experience
- Excellent administrative skills with keen attention to detail
- A creative mind to help couples plan their dream day
- An understanding of H&S legislation and requirements for events, suppliers etc.
- A thorough working knowledge of IT, including Word, Excel, e-mail and the ability to quickly familiarise and work efficiently with in-house software systems
- Flexibility, a can-do attitude with appetite for getting the job done, great customer-facing skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A strong sense of self-motivation and ability to use own initiative as appropriate
- Godwick is in a rural location so you must have access to reliable transport. A first aid qualification would be an advantage.
Please apply in writing with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how your skills, knowledge and previous experience demonstrate your suitability for this role.